Kat Stays Polished | Beauty Blog with a Dash of Life: Product Review: Creations by Lynda - Fairytale Dreams Collection [Set One]

Product Review: Creations by Lynda - Fairytale Dreams Collection [Set One]

Monday, April 08, 2013

Hey guys! I have a NEW indie polish maker to introduce today - Creations by Lynda! Her first released polish collection is based off of Once Upon a Time on ABC.

I LOVE that show so I was excited 1, when I heard she was creating this and 2, when I was chosen to review the polish!

A few things about this collection before I get into the individual polishes. They are all shimmer/glitter mixes so application can be a little tricky. I'll go over the details for each polish down below.

There are 6 polishes in this collection. Here are the names and how Creations by Lynda describes them all:

  • Crimson Wolf - Red base with iridescent glitter inspired by Ruby/Red Riding Hood.
  • Charming One - Shimmery green base color with blue, and multiple shades of green glitter flecks, inspired by David/Prince Charming.
  • Swan Song - Nude shimmer base that reflects hints of coral and rose, and contains burgundy and berry glitter. Inspired by Emma Swan.
  • Golden Spindle - Gold base color with black shreds and lots of shimmery micro gold glitter flecks, inspired by Rumpelstiltskin/Mr. Gold.
  • Snow Day - Shimmery pearl white base with flecks of tiny iridescent and blue matte glitter. It was inspired by Snow White/Mary Margaret Blanchard.
  • Wicked Enchantment - Purple based polish with hints of black shreds and silver stars. It was inspired by The Evil Queen/Regina Mills.





First up is Crimson Wolf. This one inspired by Ruby, goes on really smooth. Despite being a shimmer, there really aren't too many brush strokes that are visible. I used 2 coats plus a layer of top coat for this one. It IS hard to see the glitter through the layers, so if you used one coat of this over a creamy red, you'd probably be able to see the glitters better.




Second in the collection is Charming One. I love that this is basically a shimmery mint green color. Again, brush strokes are not too visible but the green glitter pieces get somewhat hidden underneath the layers of polish. I do love how the blue specks peek through. This is 2 coats with no top coat.



Third is Swan Song. I actually REALLY like this one. This is 2 coats with no top coat. It almost looks like ice cream or a piece of candy. You can easily see the glitters through the layers and it seems to be distributed pretty well. Do be careful with brush stroke. Too many can lead to a few visible lines on your nails.



Okay, Golden Spindle I'm a little bit on the fence about. I love the idea behind it. Gold base, gold glitters, and black shreds - it didn't perform the way I had hoped. The black shreds almost look a bit green behind the gold which I think takes away from the statement the black is supposed to make. Here is two coats with no top coat. If you layered this over a plain shimmery gold base, you may be able to work around too much of the black being hidden.



Snow Day. Okay. It looks AMAZING in the bottle. When it is applied on the nail, I think the shimmery white is a little TOO frosty. I'd like to see it a bit more sheer and then the glitters would show a bit more too. This is one where you'll have to use minimum brush strokes and layer it with top coat [as it's shown here]. I'd still sport this icy polish any day though.



Last is Wicked Enchantment. Can I tell you how much I love this purple?! Here is a tip that I'll give to you. Since the stars are silver and the polish is purple and WILL cover up the stars, fish for the stars on your last layer of polish. I want my stars to be able to shine in the light! I think this portrays Regina perfectly. The black shreds really give this polish character and I love it. 



Overall I think this collection is great! I love the show and the ideas behind each one of these polishes.

My favorite of them all is definitely Wicked Enchantment. My least favorite is Golden Spindle.

These are currently for sale directly on Creations by Lynda's shop for $8 a piece of the whole set for $45.

If you want to keep up with these and future collections, please also visit the Creations by Lynda Facebook page.

Stay tuned because I'll have one more polish from her for a yet to be released collection.

What do you think? Which one do you like best?

Products were provided for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Blog Archive

Blogger Networks